Louise Killeen Translations Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales, registered number: 05215339. Our registered office is at 14-16 Sadler Street, Middleton, Manchester M24 5UJ.
The person with responsibilty for privacy matters and the protection of personal data we hold as an organisation is Louise Killeen, who can be contacted as follows:
T: 0161 653 1004
Making a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way we collect or process your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection.
Complaints and concerns can be lodged with the ICO via this link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
We kindly ask that you contact us first to try and resolve any issues you may have before escalating your concern(s) to the ICO.
- What data do we collect?
During the course of the running of our business, we collect data from the following parties:
- In-house staff (e.g. name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number(s), national insurance number, bank details, educational qualifications, professional qualifications)
- Subcontractors/freelance partners (e.g. name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number(s), bank details, educational qualifications, professional qualifications)
- Customers (e.g. name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number(s))
- All other contacts not covered by one of the above categories (e.g. name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number(s))
Under the General Data Protection Regulation/Data Protection Act 2018, sensitive personal data is data which includes information about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about health, and genetic and biometric data.
Louise Killeen Translations Limited does not collect sensitive personal data – if we were to require it for any reason, we would seek explicit consent.
- How do we use your personal data?
We will only use your personal data for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the services we offer as a business
- To provide you with information you have requested from us
- To keep you updated on our business, events and any news we may have
- To manage our relationship with you as an existing or potential customer or supplier
- To fulfil any legal or contractual obligations we may have which require the processing of personal data
- How do we obtain your data?
We collect your data via the following of methods:
- From direct communication we initiate with you via telephone or e-mail
- From information exchanged by meeting in person (e.g. at business events)
When you provide information to us when you embark on a contractual relationship with us (as a customer or a supplier)
- From automated technologies or interactions on our website via analytics engines and cookies – please see our section on cookies for more details
- Our lawful purposes for collecting and processing your information
We have identified that we will collect and process your information where it is necessary:
- To fulfil contractual obligations between us
- For our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- For compliance with legal or regulatory obligations
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a lawful purpose for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending occasional marketing communications to you if you are not already an existing client. You have the right to withdraw consent (where applicable) at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Who do we share your information with?
We will never share your information with third parties without first seeking your consent. This would only be the case, for example, if we were approached by a potential customer but were not able to fulfil his/her requirements and wished to make a referral to you/recommend your services. We do not sell your information on to third parties.
- International transfers
All of our storage locations and service providers are hosted inside Europe.
- Retention periods
Personal information is retained for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, to meet any legal requirements or to satisfy any reporting, accounting or contractual needs.
- Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation/Data Protection Act (2018), you have certain rights regarding your personal data, these include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Withdraw consent
- Information security
Please refer to the cookies and privacy statement on our website. We do not have a contact form on our website so are not able to collect and store information about you via that platform.
This Policy is kept under regular review. This Policy was last reviewed on 23 May 2018. Any questions about this Policy can be directed to Louise Killeen using the contact details set out in the Introduction.